A website represents your brand online and contributes to the growth of your business. Thus, your website should always look good and have the best features. Users should feel like visiting and accessing it repeatedly.
Your website needs maintenance to function smoothly and deliver a consistent positive UX. If you ever fail to fix the issues in your website, it ruins your brand image, decreases conversions, and costs you a security breach.
What are Website Maintenance Services?
Website maintenance services are consistent checking and upgrades to boost and secure its performance. Maintenance makes sure that you use state-of-the-art technologies, your website does not get hacked, and traffic flows consistently. You can always maintain your website yourself or hire an agency that offers maintenance services.
Weekly updates are effective in keeping tabs on the day-to-day functionality of your website. They help to make sure your site is operating at peak performance. These tasks focus on aspects of user experience and help to reduce frustrations.
- Checking page load success
- Backing up your files and content
- Updating plugins and website software
- Deleting spam comments from posts
- Fixing broken links and 404 errors
- Adding fresh blog content for more engagement and SEO traffic
Monthly maintenance gives you an overview of overall site performance. You can begin to identify patterns and trends to predict user behavior. These tasks include:
- Checking load speed
- Performing security scans
- Assessing last month’s analytics
- Updating old blog posts.
Monthly website maintenance helps you adjust and plan for future success.
Big-picture aspects of your site – like structure, content, and troubleshooting – allow you to make sure you can deliver the same quality experience across different devices and channels. Quarterly updates include:
- Identifying improvements for your website design
- Updating graphics
- Ensuring meta titles, meta descriptions, and SEO are effective
- Making sure calls to action work correctly
- Adjusting marketing campaigns
- Checking backup health
These tasks offer security for peace of mind and automation for efficiency.
Annual updates provide an opportunity to check that your website, in both function and design, is still in alignment with your company’s long-term goals. You can also check the boxes on the administrative elements of running a website to make sure you’re current. Yearly website updates include:
- Adjusting dates to reflect the current year
- Reviewing grammar, and accuracy on all pages
- Removing excessive emails
- Renewing your website domain
- Reconsidering your website layout and design
- Identifying opportunities to update high-value blog articles